AirPods, a significant component of the Apple ecosystem, was released towards the end of 2016. These innovative wireless earbuds are equipped with sophisticated technology that revolutionalizes how people listen to music, make and receive phone calls, and interact with Apple’s voice assistant, Siri. They are very portable and charge at lightning speed. Therefore, you can use it all day long without fretting about the battery. You can pair it with your smartwatch and play your workout playlist. Since they are wireless, you do not have to worry about them getting in your way while you exercise. Read on to find out how to pair AirPods with iPhone.
Pair AirPods with iPhone running iOS 10 or later
- Unlock the device. To do so, firstly ensure that the finger is not grimy or wet.
- After that, wipe the Home button with a soft tissue.
- Place your finger on the Home button until the iPhone vibrates and unlocks.
- Now, you may need to go back to the Home screen if you had opened some other app before unlocking the phone. To do so, lightly tap the Home button.
- Now, keep the AirPods in their case. Shut the cover tightly. And place the AirPods in close vicinity to the phone.
- Open the lid of the AirPods box.
- Wait for the setup assistant prompt to show up on the phone device.
- Select the Connect option.
- Your AirPods will start pairing with your iPhone.
- When the process is over, tap on the Done button.
Pair AirPods with other iPhones
- Unlock the phone.
- Place the AirPods in their container and position it right beside the iPhone device.
- Ensure that the cover is shut.
- Now, uncover the AirPods container.
- Locate the Setup button. It is a circular button located at the rear of the AirPods cover. Keep pressing the Setup button until you see the white status light flashing.
- Launch the Settings application in the iPhone. Scroll through the Home Screen to locate it.
- Select the Bluetooth option from the Settings screen.
- Enable the Bluetooth by swiping the toggle bar. It is turned on if the toggle is green.
- Go to Other devices and select AirPods.
- Now, your AirPods will get paired with your iPhone.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.