Previously, all the websites were very much fixed about loading the pages, although the content will always remain the same and also the content is displayed the same to every site visitors. However, with any dynamic website, things are very different, as it always created a unique content whenever you loaded the pages. Through at the beginning of features such as web page auto-refresh, usually, users are extremely promoted with some real-time information where the websites automatically refresh to display the new updated content. Normally, it is useful when the users are viewing the real-time websites which are related to news, auction, election results or any other live reports.
Steps to Prevent Web Pages from Refreshing Automatically in Chrome and Firefox
However, the automatic refresh feature is very much useful for everyone, but sometimes does get irritating, when the user wants to read the content, and the page will refresh automatically after every few seconds in the middle of your work. So whenever you find that this feature is unnecessary and also interrupting, then you can easily disable the automatic web page refresh feature from settings.
Below we provide you how to disable the auto-refresh feature in major browsers like Chrome, Firefox and also in Microsoft Edge. The steps are mentioning below:
Disable Auto-Refresh in Google Chrome
Though there is no any direct method of disabling the web page auto refresh in Chrome, users have to download a third party extension to block the web page refresh automatically. Follow the below-given steps to disable the auto-refresh feature in Chrome easily.
- Search for the Auto Refresh Blocker on the internet.
- Click to “Download and Install” the Auto Refresh Blocker.
- Type chrome: //extensions in the URL.
- Navigate towards Options.
- Now, go to Details.
- Click on the Extension Option.
- Alternatively, Mark the Disable Meta Refresh elements in Pages option.
- Finally, click on the close tab.
Moreover, the user can also disable the automatic tab to discarding to stop all the tabs from auto-refreshing. For this follow the steps given below:
- Go to Chrome://flags in the URL.
- In the search bar, Automatic type tab is
- Select the Disable It is located in the drop-down menu for the flag Automatic tab discarding.
- You can also select blacklist the website’s option. And to do this follow the process:
- Click to open a website that you want to blacklist.
- Choose Auto Refresh Blocker option. It is located in the top-right corner of the page.
- Hit on Blacklist Websites.
Disable Auto-Refresh in Firefox
- In the URL, type “about config.” Press Enter in the keyboard.
- Under the search bar, type the preference name “Accessibility.blockautorefresh.”
- Thus, right-click on the preference name “Accessibility.blockautorefresh.”
- Drop-down the menu, and select Toggle Option.
- Finally, modify the value from “True to False” to disable web page auto-refresh.